Directions501 E. Lincoln Highway Coatesville, PA 19320
Northeast corner of 5th Ave. & Main St. (Main St. is same as Rt. 30 and Rte 30 is same as Lincoln Highway
Small Meeting Room Rental
PUBLIC SMALL MEETING ROOM POLICY
The Coatesville Area Public Library provides a service to the community by promoting use of the Small Meeting Room for community organizations or individuals. All requests must be submitted in advance for approval to avoid conflict with scheduled library events.
The Small Meeting Room is available for public gatherings of a civic, cultural, education or celebratory nature. Maximum seating is 15 persons which will be strictly enforced and should be considered when scheduling. The Small Meeting Room is not available when, in the judgment of the Coatesville Area Public Library Board, any disorder may likely to occur. Regular weekly or monthly use of the Small Meeting Room and other space in the Library will be decided on an individual basis by the Library Board.
Upon timely notice, and for adequate reasons, the Library reserves the right to revoke permission to use the Small Meeting Room.
The fact than an organization/individual is permitted to meet at the Library does not constitute and endorsement of the organizations’/individuals’ policies or beliefs.
Publicity for a meeting/event must clearly state that the organization/individual is the sponsor and the Library’s Small Meeting Room is the location. The Library may not be listed as a sponsor or co-sponsor of the meeting/event.
The organization/individual who schedules the Small Meeting Room assumes responsibility for leaving it in its original order and paying for any damage to library property.
Organizations/individuals using the Small Meeting Room are responsible for their own actions and that of their guests. Children may NOT be left unattended in the Library.
PUBLIC SMALL MEETING ROOM PROCEDURES
Requests for use of the Small Meeting Room may be made two (2) months in advance and submitted to the Library Director. The Small Meeting Room is available Monday through Saturday during regular library hours. Organizations/individuals may need to set up the room for their meeting/event.
A rental fee of $35.00 for utility costs is required 14 days prior to an organization’s/individual’s meeting/event. A $15.00 refundable cleaning deposit is required when submitting the Request for Use of Small Meeting Room form. No meeting will be confirmed until the Library has received the rental fee of ($35.00) and cleaning deposit ($15.) The Coatesville Area Public Library Board reserves the right to waive the donation, and/or the cleaning deposit, for any meeting/event which merits an exception. Such a request may be made in writing, in advance, to the Library Director for approval.
All meetings/events must end at the agreed upon time as others may be using the room. All meetings must end 15 minutes before the Library closes. Maximum seating is 15 persons which will be strictly enforced and should be considered when scheduling. Organizations/individuals who fail to cooperate with library staff will lose future privileges to use to Small Meeting Room. In addition, library staff may determine that those failing to comply with the arranged time for the meeting/event are “trespassing” and may ask for police assistance.
Alcoholic beverages, narcotics and smoking are strictly prohibited in the Library. Only light refreshments may be served in the Small Meeting Room. Organizations/individuals must provide their own coffee service. Organizations/individuals are responsible for properly disposing of trash in the receptacles provided by the Library, vacuuming the Small Meeting room floor and turning off all lights at the conclusion of the meeting/event.
No items may be taped or tacked to the walls. All display materials provided by the organization/individual must be removed at the conclusion of their meeting/event.
REQUEST FOR USE OF SMALL MEETING ROOM
The Library Board of Trustees of the Coatesville Area Public Library will consider your request for use of the Small Meeting Room at their monthly Board meeting which is held the third Tuesday of each month. Please submit your request in a times manner for due consideration. Thank you.
Date(s) Requested ______________________________________________________________
Time of Meeting/Event___________________________________________________________
Name of Organization/Individual___________________________________________________
Purpose of Meeting/Event_________________________________________________________
Use of kitchenette, please specify what refreshments will be served________________________
By signing this, the room renter realizes then they are giving the library a refundable $15 deposit.
Please read and sign the Small Meeting Room Agreement accompanying this form.
A refundable cleaning deposit of $15.00 must be submitted with this form.
SMALL MEETING ROOM AGREEMENT
- A refundable cleaning deposit of $15.00 must be submitted with the Request for Use of Small Meeting Room form. No meeting will be confirmed until the Library has received the cleaning deposit.
- Rental fee for the Small Meeting Room must be submitted 14 days prior to your meeting/event–$35.00. No meeting will be confirmed until the Library has received the rental fee. If rental fee is not received 14 days prior to your meeting/event, your use of the Small Meeting Room will be cancelled. Your deposit of $15 is forfeited.
- Small Meeting Room use is limited to hours the Library is open (must be requested and approved in advance.).
- Maximum seating is 15 persons which will be strictly enforced.
- Library parking is available; however the Library cannot guarantee parking for all vehicles.
- DO NOT REMOVE HANGING PICTURES.
- Organizations/individuals using the Small Meeting Room are responsible for their own actions and that of their guests.
- Children may not be left unattended in the Library.
- Publicity for a meeting/event must clearly state the organization/individual is the sponsor and the Library’s Small Meeting Room is the location. The Library may not be listed as a sponsor or co-sponsor of the meeting/event.
- No items may be taped or tacked to the walls. Al display materials provided by the organization/individual must be removed at the conclusion of their meeting/event.
- Alcoholic beverages, narcotics and smoking are strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Disruptive behavior is strictly prohibited inside and outside the Library before, during and after a meeting/event.
- Any damage of loss of property will be paid for by the organization/individual who uses the room.
- Leave the Small Meeting Room, kitchenette and other areas as clean and orderly as when you arrive.
- Leave filled trash bags on the kitchenette floor.
- Check that water in not running in the restrooms or kitchen.
- Turn out all the lights in the Small Meeting Room, some night lights will remain on.
- If you need to cancel your meeting, please promptly notify the Library so that other meetings/events may be scheduled. For a full refund, your meeting must be cancelled 24 hours in advance, except for weather-related cancellations.
- An organization/individual will receive a full refund in the event that the Library must close due to emergency or weather-related conditions.
In the event of abuse of the above rules and regulations, the Library staff may take appropriate actions to correct the situation.
I agree to abide by the above rules and regulations for use of the Coatesville Public Library’s Small Meeting Room.
Enclosed is my $15 refundable cleaning deposit. Please make checks payable and mail to: Coatesville Area Public Library, 501 East Lincoln Highway, Coatesville, PA 19320.
Applicant’s Signature______________________________________ Date___________________
FILL IN FOR STAFF USE PHOTO COPY AND GIVE COPY TO RENTER
Request for Use of Small Meeting Room for submitted with $15.00 refundable cleaning deposit received.
Request for Use of Small Meeting Room approved by Library Board and organization/individual contacted to submit rental fee of $35. (plus $15. For an extra hour if applicable) due on the date: _____________________(fill in the 2 week date).
Rental fee of $35.00 (plus $15.00 for an extra hour if applicable) received, meeting/event confirmed: